- 8:30 am – 12:30 pm ( Government stakeholders ONLY)
- 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm (Community stakeholders and Government stakeholders)
- Nearest Metro - Mt Vernon Square 7th St-Convention Center
The Communications Summit is designed to begin marshaling the resources of DC government agencies, industry partners and community stakeholders in developing strategies to reach DC residents with consistent and effective messages about their new rights and responsibilities in enrolling in high-quality, affordable health plans through the District’s Health Benefit Exchange and Medicaid. Enrollment in the DC Exchange begins October 1, 2013 with coverage starting January 1, 2014.
It is vitally important that your agency is represented at the Summit to learn firsthand about the progress being made toward the development and implementation of the Exchange and about Medicaid changes under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
The specific Summit objectives are:
- To discuss and identify strategies to reach DC residents with information about their rights and responsibilities in obtaining health coverage through the Health Benefit Exchange and about changes to Medicaid and other public programs
- To identify how stakeholders can help us reach our diverse communities
- To identify ways government agencies can work together with community stakeholders to achieve the critical goals of the Exchange - enrollment of all eligible residents in high-quality, affordable coverage.
Formatted in two sessions, the Summit will not only address health reform and the Exchange enrollment strategies from a consumer perspective, but it will also allow for small group discussions on the role of key stakeholders in educating District residents about health reform. Presentations will include an overview of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), changes to Medicaid, and access to the Exchange.
Morning session – Government Stakeholders
The morning session is designed especially for government agency staff involved in health care and will explore key messaging and outreach strategies for enrolling DC residents in quality health plans and the expanded Medicaid services.
Afternoon session - Community Stakeholders and Government Stakeholders
Input from stakeholders is an important component towards the success of implementing the District’s Health Benefit Exchange. As such, the afternoon session will address community stakeholders and partners who will work with us to explore how best to communicate health reform and enrollment messages to the District’s diverse audiences.
Please register for the Summit by noon on Monday, February 11, 2013: https://octo.quickbase.com/db/bhtwj5qsr.
To prepare for the Summit, we kindly ask you to please complete the brief Pre-Summit Survey by noon on Monday, February 11, 2013: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HBXPre-Summit.