DC Health Link is an online marketplace for individuals, families, and small business owners in the District of Columbia to help them shop, compare, and select health insurance. DC-based small businesses with 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees (FTEs) are able to see all health insurance policies and prices and make choices that best meet their needs and budgets.
As a small business owner, you can:
- Choose health insurance coverage from Aetna, CareFirst, Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare;
- Choose from 267 different plans;
- Set your employer contribution level;
- Choose the plan options and insurer options you want to offer to your employees; and
- Work with your broker to get help with coverage options. If you are not working with an expert insurance broker now, you can choose among DC Health Link certified brokers to help you with plan selection and enrollment.
Some small businesses will qualify for tax credits.