The DC Health Benefit Exchange Authority launched the Assister and Navigator programs in 2013 to provide outreach, education, and enrollment services to uninsured and hard-to-reach populations. Since then, dozens of community-based organizations have received grant funding to help consumers learn about, apply for, and enroll in health insurance coverage through DC Health Link.
The District of Columbia Health Benefit Exchange Authority is soliciting applications from qualified entities to serve as Assister organizations. Successful applicants will demonstrate their ties to or ability to reach a particular community or communities and employ innovative strategies for reaching some or all of the Assister Program’s target populations. They will not rely exclusively on potential consumers coming to them; they will have to actively seek and reach out to people where they “live, work, shop, play, and/or pray.” The District of Columbia Assister Program operates under the authority of the federal Affordable Care Act Navigator Program established pursuant to 45 C.F.R. 155.205(d) and 45 C.F.R. 155.210.
Request for Application: In-Person Assister Program [PDF]
- Notice of Funds Availability [PDF]
- Responses to any questions submitted during the application period will be posted here by 4 pm June 13, 2018.
The following charts and signature pages are from the Assister Application DCHBX-2018-RFA 01 in a format that allows organizations to complete them more easily than recreating them. The DC Health Benefit Exchange is making them available for those that choose to use them. Use of these specific forms is optional, however, the content must still be included in the final application submission. They include:
- The Cover Page – Section X, 2 [Word]
- Budget Component 1 Personnel Budget – Section X, 4 [Excel]
- Budget Component 2 Non-Personnel Costs – Section X, 4 [Excel]
- Statement of Certification – Section XIII [PDF]
- Appendix A Signature Page [PDF]
- DC Health Link Palm Cards [PDF]
- DC Health Link Trifold Brochures [PDF]
- DC Health Link Information Brochure [PDF]
- DC Health Link Small Business Brochure [PDF]